Thursday 3 March 2011

19

This is a piece called "19";  named after and Adele's album. This is part of the challenge/project I have set for myself where I produce 30 pieces based on album titles.


This album was difficult to come up with a concept for. After looking at numerological links and wikipedia results for the number "19", I was was still left unmotivated. What I opted for, in the end, was to simply present the number 19 in an unusual or interesting way.


In a magazine called creative photoshop I'd seen some impressive use of smoke brushes used to form a bird and an image of a lightbulb. This was something I wanted to have a go at; so I downloaded some royalty free smoke brushes and built up an image making the smoke form the number 19.


I'm really impressed with the way this turned out and  would quite like to attempt a  portrait made up of smoke at some point. This, I think, would give quite a ghostly effect.


Related Post

No comments:

Post a Comment