Saturday 5 March 2011

Older Artwork

These are some of my older pieces; there are more that I will upload and share gradually. These were drawn using photographs from the BBC wildlife magazine which has amazing animal photography in it.

"The Meerkats" is a an important piece for me because it was the first picture I drew that made me feel like I had some talent that could be fostered. It was also drawn on a day that proved to be a turning point in my life. It was on that day, I discovered that no matter how much was going on around me I couldn't control; there was a place I could disappear into to escape. Art became my sanctuary and helped me heal.

"The Badger" I drew from a tiny photo that was not much larger than a passport sized photo. I was really pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment